This Week In My Kitchen :: Blog Hop
In case you missed my post late yesterday afternoon, registration is now open for my new workshop, Summer Soul Camp. Please stop by for all the details. Now, onto our kitchen blog hop... xo
* * * * *
Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- Please tell me you all had something exciting happening in your kitchens this week because my camera came up a little short! I think it was part vacation mode... cheese and crackers with olives and smoked salmon - again - anyone?
- Every day now, herbs, fruit, or vegetables are brought into the kitchen and need to be processed for the freezer, dried for later use, or gobbled up on the spot. It's a pretty sweet life, these not too hot, abundant, early days of summer.
- I'm making a list to go to the grocery store this morning and am realizing if I just had a dairy cow I probably wouldn't need to go at all. Ha!
- Do you ever roast carrots? I had this batch set too low in the oven so they burned a little, but we love them. And big bags of organic carrots from the market are relatively inexpensive and store for a long time. Slice into rounds, lay single layer on a heavy duty baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, put a few dollops of ghee on top, and bake at 425-450 for about 30-40 minutes, turning every 15 minutes or so. You could get fancy and add honey and rosemary near the end too... so good.
- I made a promise that I would not make any jam this year. Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce however, yes please! These jars were cooling and headed to the freezer (recipe from 30 Day Vegan).
- My favorite method for roasting pastured chicken is low and slow. Here is a good primer if you're in need of instructions.
- Some of you let me know that the recipe for Tuna Macaroni Salad never actually posted. I'll fix that later today, I'm off to take Emily for a haircut right now (must have not made it to publish during one of Typepad's recent outages).
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!