This Week In My Kitchen :: Blog Hop
Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
September is one of the best months. The air begins to dry so we make popcorn without it become chewy within minutes of popping, from summertime humidity. The tea kettle boils and the oven cranks out pan after pan of roasted tomatoes. They get jarred up and placed in the freezer, making the perfect winter addition to risotto, frittata, soups and stews, bruschetta topping. The possibilities are endless. Even I, dedicated champion of winter, need moments that are filled with possibility come February. I made a pot of curry this week and per usual, I had the entire thing to myself. I'll never understand this, but I have at least learned to make smaller batches so I don't wind up enjoying it six meals in a row. It's a very quick and simple weeknight supper.
To make the curry:
Cook a few cups of diced potatoes separately until tender.
Saute a chopped onion in coconut oil, add four cloves of chopped garlic during the last minute, add one tablespoon red curry paste and smoosh it around with the back of your spoon (it's nice to add minced ginger here too). Next, add one can of full fat coconut milk, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 2-3 teaspoons of tamari and 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup. Stir. Season with sea salt and black pepper as needed, to taste. Stir in cooked potatoes and 1 (or more) cups frozen peas. Cover and cook over medium low heat until peas are warm and flavors blend, about 10 minutes. Serve over rice, quinoa, or roasted cauliflower.
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!