This Week In My Kitchen
Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
I'm a little pressed for time this morning so I need to be brief... but, is it just me or is my kitchen looking *especially* harvest gold-y this week? Yowza. We tell my mom if she just waits a few more years to sell this house, 1970s time capsules will be all the rage. I hear avocado appliances are making a comeback!
We've reached the point in our gardening season where it is all hands on deck. It feels sort of like now or never out there... my dehydrator and canner are humming along.
I used to use my dishwasher to sterilize jars for canning, but we aren't using that these days. Instead, I wash everything with hot soapy water, then arrange on a baking sheet (pictured above) and place in a hot oven (350F) for the last 15 minutes that I'm prepping whatever it is we're canning. Works great!
Emily took that last photo yesterday afternoon while she was studying. Homemade cookies and raw milk with a view while she does "school." Not bad at all. (And I love the photo.)
It's the time of year when I start craving one of my very favorite soups, Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash & Quinoa. In case you are on the fence about adding olives to soup (I was at first, and I'm a huge olive fan). Go for it. They totally make it all come together!
Okay, gotta run. What's happening in your kitchen this week?
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!